If our city government is searching for popular ways to improve living conditions, how about completing the Burke-Gilman Trail along the “missing link”?
Not only would this improve transportation, promote safety and enhance tourism, it could be accomplished economically with massive volunteer help from the many who would benefit.
Such projects have worked before, generating public pride to banish decades of contentiousness.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Targeting sea lions will help orcas, Columbia River salmon | Editorial
- A solution to the shortage of mental-health providers | Op-Ed
- GM layoffs are only the beginning of disruptions in AI revolution | Op-Ed
- Stick with later start times that boost Seattle high schoolers' success | Editorial
- Our long national nightmare is just beginning | Max Boot / Syndicated columnist
Judy Moise, Seattle