If our city government is searching for popular ways to improve living conditions, how about completing the Burke-Gilman Trail along the “missing link”?
Not only would this improve transportation, promote safety and enhance tourism, it could be accomplished economically with massive volunteer help from the many who would benefit.
Such projects have worked before, generating public pride to banish decades of contentiousness.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- A reality check for politicians | Kate Riley / Times editorial columnist
- 10 take-aways from the head-tax debacle | Editorial
- Teacher pay and school outcomes don’t have to compete for state dollars | Editorial
- Health-care system needs reboot to solve pain and opioid crises | Op-Ed
- Separating families is a humanitarian and health crisis | My Take
Judy Moise, Seattle