If our city government is searching for popular ways to improve living conditions, how about completing the Burke-Gilman Trail along the “missing link”?
Not only would this improve transportation, promote safety and enhance tourism, it could be accomplished economically with massive volunteer help from the many who would benefit.
Such projects have worked before, generating public pride to banish decades of contentiousness.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- As Florida chokes on red tide, governor denies environmental malpractice | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- Unsustainable teacher raises risk new school-funding crisis | Editorial
- Way to go, Bellevue, on thoughtful bike lane pilot program | Editorial
- Lessons from my European vacation | Op-Ed
- The Times recommends: Retain three state Supreme Court justices | Editorial
Judy Moise, Seattle