I believe in Temporary Protected Status [TPS], especially for those who originate from El Salvador.
We funded the inhumane conditions that caused them to flee here. By ending TPS, we are asking them to leave their children behind or drag them away from the only life they’ve ever known. We’re asking them to leave their homes, their jobs, their friends. It isn’t right.
If we tear the opportunity from those we’ve already given it to, we are no longer the people and ideas this nation was founded on.
Erin O’Brien, Seattle
Most Read Stories
- Amazon names 20 finalists in search for HQ2
- Take it from me, WSU athlete's death is a reminder that help is available | Matt Calkins
- Dramatic new images show Rattlesnake Ridge slide moving over time
- UW linebacker Ale Kaho, a December signee, becomes Chris Petersen's first 5-star recruit
- WSU QB Tyler Hilinski, 21, dies from an apparent suicide