Now that a Michigan judge has struck down our country’s national ban against it, it’s up to the states to decide. I hope Washington’s legislature will have the courage to outlaw female genital cutting during its next session.
It would be even better if the legislature would provide equal protection under the law for boys. I’m all for women’s rights, but this is a matter of human rights. Boys deserve protection from circumcision, too. Anything less is discrimination on the basis of sex.
Cat Saunders, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- No to Seattle congestion pricing
- William Barr just did exactly what his critics feared - again | Opinion
- Call capital-gains tax for what it really is — a tax on extraordinary windfalls | Op-Ed
- Barr embarrasses himself and Justice Department | Opinion
- Moving to impeach Trump would only make him stronger | Opinion