This is an assault on our basic principle that no one is above the law and a clarion call for all of us to contact our congressional representatives to encourage legislation that protects the Mueller investigation and the role of due process, and affirms our legal system.
There may be no wrongdoing by President Donald Trump uncovered by this investigation, but that should only be concluded after the same legal inquiry to which any of us are subject.
Does anyone else wonder why the man doth protest so much?
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Lawmakers eye local taxpayers, again, for schools | Editorial
- What I learned as a Mexican diplomat in Washington state | Op-Ed
- Renting is out of reach | Letter to the editor
- The privacy risks of unchecked facial-recognition technology | Op-Ed
- What rural America has to teach us | David Brooks / Syndicated columnist
Michael F. Mulroy, Bellevue