This is an assault on our basic principle that no one is above the law and a clarion call for all of us to contact our congressional representatives to encourage legislation that protects the Mueller investigation and the role of due process, and affirms our legal system.
There may be no wrongdoing by President Donald Trump uncovered by this investigation, but that should only be concluded after the same legal inquiry to which any of us are subject.
Does anyone else wonder why the man doth protest so much?
Most Read Opinion Stories
- City of Seattle cannot abandon critical Magnolia Bridge | Editorial
- Inclusive education is a plus for children of all abilities | Op-Ed
- Inspirational immigrant stories remind us Trump is wrong - share yours | Kate Riley / Times editorial columnist
- Celebrate Pride by joining fight for LGBTIQ rights globally | My Take
- 10 take-aways from the head-tax debacle | Editorial
Michael F. Mulroy, Bellevue