This is an assault on our basic principle that no one is above the law and a clarion call for all of us to contact our congressional representatives to encourage legislation that protects the Mueller investigation and the role of due process, and affirms our legal system.
There may be no wrongdoing by President Donald Trump uncovered by this investigation, but that should only be concluded after the same legal inquiry to which any of us are subject.
Does anyone else wonder why the man doth protest so much?
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Shellfish farming, the lifeblood of Pacific County, faces extinction | Op-Ed
- A Grinch-worthy shutdown threat | Editorial
- Seattle is inexcusably filthy | Letter to the editor
- Our long national nightmare is just beginning | Max Boot / Syndicated columnist
- After gut punch from genealogical research, reparations | Op-Ed
Michael F. Mulroy, Bellevue