This is an assault on our basic principle that no one is above the law and a clarion call for all of us to contact our congressional representatives to encourage legislation that protects the Mueller investigation and the role of due process, and affirms our legal system.
There may be no wrongdoing by President Donald Trump uncovered by this investigation, but that should only be concluded after the same legal inquiry to which any of us are subject.
Does anyone else wonder why the man doth protest so much?
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Secret meetings via text: Hold Seattle's leaders accountable | Editorial
- Get I-405 flowing: Complete 16-year-old master plan now | Op-Ed
- As Florida chokes on red tide, governor denies environmental malpractice | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- The difference between a youthful indiscretion and a serious crime | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
- Unite to save the wild landscapes that define us as 'Westerners' | Op-Ed
Michael F. Mulroy, Bellevue