Thank you for supporting the continued existence of single-family neighborhoods.
In 2011, we moved from our home in a neighborhood 4 miles from central city, dominated by two-story multifamily rental units, to one farther out, but blessed with single-family homes. We were greeted by a neighbor who brought us a plate of goodies that she had baked, and soon were invited to barbecues attended by three or four families with small children. We have a small yard, and trees.
Michael Marsh, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- The new Seattle squeeze: room for renters, in-laws and Airbnb guests | Horsey cartoon
- Restoring salmon runs, not politics, will save southern resident killer whales | Op-Ed
- The Times recommends: Heidi Wills for Seattle City Council, District 6 | Editorial
- The Seattle Times editorial board's 2019 primary election endorsements | Editorial
- Dear Barack Obama, your country needs you | Karen Tumulty / Syndicated columnist