Thank you for supporting the continued existence of single-family neighborhoods.
In 2011, we moved from our home in a neighborhood 4 miles from central city, dominated by two-story multifamily rental units, to one farther out, but blessed with single-family homes. We were greeted by a neighbor who brought us a plate of goodies that she had baked, and soon were invited to barbecues attended by three or four families with small children. We have a small yard, and trees.
Michael Marsh, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Pass bills to reduce firearm violence through research, limiting magazine capacity
- Endorsement: Amy Klobuchar for president
- Bloomberg muscles in on debate but proves to be a lightweight
- Kennedy High School: Do as you teach
- Diversity will make women’s philanthropy more impactful