Thank you for supporting the continued existence of single-family neighborhoods.
In 2011, we moved from our home in a neighborhood 4 miles from central city, dominated by two-story multifamily rental units, to one farther out, but blessed with single-family homes. We were greeted by a neighbor who brought us a plate of goodies that she had baked, and soon were invited to barbecues attended by three or four families with small children. We have a small yard, and trees.
Michael Marsh, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- The art of the absurd deal | Horsey cartoon
- Protect salmon-rich Bristol Bay from mining threat | Editorial
- We continue to build on Chief Seattle’s legacy | Op-Ed
- I'm an evangelist and a Trump voter, but blasphemy is a step too far | Jay Lowder / Guest columnist
- The world cannot allow Hong Kong citizens to live in fear of China | Op-Ed