This is wrong in so many ways. The U.S. is turning into an oligarchy, just like Russia. Even if Bezos, Paul Allen, the Koch brothers and their ilk claim their only interests are free and fair elections, they will definitely be looking to have the ear of whichever candidate reaps the benefits of their contributions.
I would love to see the Supreme Court reverse the rulings allowing these unlimited donations. We’re becoming a country of one dollar, one vote.
Mike Rosen, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- United to save salmon and orcas | Op-Ed
- Congress should override new birth-control restrictions | Editorial
- Witnessing firsthand the cruel and inhumane treatment of asylum-seekers | Op-Ed
- Are we truly one paycheck from disaster? | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- Inspired by MLK, Womxn's March honors a new chapter for America | Op-Ed