This is wrong in so many ways. The U.S. is turning into an oligarchy, just like Russia. Even if Bezos, Paul Allen, the Koch brothers and their ilk claim their only interests are free and fair elections, they will definitely be looking to have the ear of whichever candidate reaps the benefits of their contributions.
I would love to see the Supreme Court reverse the rulings allowing these unlimited donations. We’re becoming a country of one dollar, one vote.
Mike Rosen, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Portland, you lost me with your culture-wars chaos | Op-Ed
- The Times recommends: Ann Davison Sattler for Seattle City Council, District 5 | Editorial
- Trump's inflammatory rhetoric calls for a bipartisan rebuke | Editorial
- Run, Jay, run — and get out of our way | Horsey cartoon
- The president is a raging racist, period | Charles M. Blow / Syndicated columnist