This is wrong in so many ways. The U.S. is turning into an oligarchy, just like Russia. Even if Bezos, Paul Allen, the Koch brothers and their ilk claim their only interests are free and fair elections, they will definitely be looking to have the ear of whichever candidate reaps the benefits of their contributions.
I would love to see the Supreme Court reverse the rulings allowing these unlimited donations. We’re becoming a country of one dollar, one vote.
Mike Rosen, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Trade war is costing Washington dearly | Editorial
- Combat Seattle’s street crime with treatment and housing, not jail | Op-Ed
- We're witnessing a slow-motion Saturday Night Massacre | Max Boot / Syndicated columnist
- Fear comes full circle to rouse the electorate | Op-Ed
- Manipulation of voter ignorance is true peril | Op-Ed