This is wrong in so many ways. The U.S. is turning into an oligarchy, just like Russia. Even if Bezos, Paul Allen, the Koch brothers and their ilk claim their only interests are free and fair elections, they will definitely be looking to have the ear of whichever candidate reaps the benefits of their contributions.
I would love to see the Supreme Court reverse the rulings allowing these unlimited donations. We’re becoming a country of one dollar, one vote.
Mike Rosen, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Cantwell unacceptably elusive about debates | Editorial
- EPA’s reversal of environmental protections veers badly off course | Op-Ed
- What in the world was Sen. Ericksen doing in Cambodia? | Opinion: Melissa Santos column
- Too many children failing statewide tests | Editorial
- State Sen. Doug Ericksen out of order to approve of a sham foreign election | Editorial