This is wrong in so many ways. The U.S. is turning into an oligarchy, just like Russia. Even if Bezos, Paul Allen, the Koch brothers and their ilk claim their only interests are free and fair elections, they will definitely be looking to have the ear of whichever candidate reaps the benefits of their contributions.
I would love to see the Supreme Court reverse the rulings allowing these unlimited donations. We’re becoming a country of one dollar, one vote.
Mike Rosen, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- I owe my 20-year marriage to being snowed in, '90s style | Op-Ed
- Legislature, don't micromanage cities | Editorial
- Pull back the curtain to find out the truth about Venezuela's oppressive regime | Op-Ed
- Save restaurant workers from restrictive scheduling practices | Op-Ed
- Trump's ‘emergency’ plunges the nation into peril | Greg Sargent / Syndicated columnist