This is wrong in so many ways. The U.S. is turning into an oligarchy, just like Russia. Even if Bezos, Paul Allen, the Koch brothers and their ilk claim their only interests are free and fair elections, they will definitely be looking to have the ear of whichever candidate reaps the benefits of their contributions.
I would love to see the Supreme Court reverse the rulings allowing these unlimited donations. We’re becoming a country of one dollar, one vote.
Mike Rosen, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Secret meetings via text: Hold Seattle's leaders accountable | Editorial
- Trump's disruptive tariffs are political, not economic | Op-Ed
- To save the orca, we must save the Salish Sea | Op-Ed
- As Florida chokes on red tide, governor denies environmental malpractice | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- Brett Kavanaugh is the poster child of a corrupt bargain | Michelle Goldberg / Syndicated columnist