I just had the emissions test done for my car, and I’m glad I can do my small part to counter the dire effects of climate change.
The article “The end is near for emissions testing in Washington state” on vehicle emissions lists better vehicle technology, improved motor fuels and the emissions testing program as reasons why our air quality has greatly improved.
It makes no sense to discontinue a program that continues working to ensure positive air quality in the future.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Single-payer health care is the only moral prescription for America | Op-Ed
- Thank Trump for the thriving economy | Andy Puzder / Guest columnist
- To break cycle of poverty, struggling families need the state to boost temporary lifeline | Op-Ed
- Legislature right to kill bad records bill | Editorial
- Why can’t America dream big? | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
I hope the powers that be will reconsider disbanding this program.
Molly Evans, Mercer Island