With regard to Danny Westneat’s column on liberal behavior:
Liberals preaching tolerance while kicking President Donald Trump’s press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, out of a restaurant and the Seattle-area house-share ads insisting that Trump supporters need not apply are nothing new.
How many conservative speakers have not been given their First Amendment rights on college campuses?
Then there is the religious tolerance for everyone — as long as you are not a Christian. But that has been going on for quite some time now.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Breaking with the cult of the Confederacy
- Restore the balance between Navy's needs and civilian communities impacted by Growler jets
- Police-chase law is saving lives — it would be a mistake to roll it back
- Trumplandia is predictably gleeful about FBI raid
- COVID-19 conspiracies have taken a toll on some of my friendships
The Trump Derangement Syndrome is pretty amazing. No matter how well the economy and IRAs are doing, and no matter what strides are made toward a more peaceful world, the TDS people will never give him credit. So don’t ever bring those things up.
By the way, when it comes to boorish, divisive talk, look no further than Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Maxine Waters, etc., etc. They have been really good at it for a long time.
Leroy Miller, Bellevue