I was heavily involved in international trade at the time that NAFTA was ratified in 1993. The U.S. administration, federal and local politicians, and the business world were all overjoyed with this achievement.
I simply cannot understand how President Donald Trump and some of his advisers have such a poor opinion of this agreement. I suspect that they have not made an objective assessment of it.
Ron Wambolt, Edmonds
Most Read Opinion Stories
- City of Seattle cannot abandon critical Magnolia Bridge | Editorial
- Inclusive education is a plus for children of all abilities | Op-Ed
- Inspirational immigrant stories remind us Trump is wrong - share yours | Kate Riley / Times editorial columnist
- 10 take-aways from the head-tax debacle | Editorial
- Celebrate Pride by joining fight for LGBTIQ rights globally | My Take