I was heavily involved in international trade at the time that NAFTA was ratified in 1993. The U.S. administration, federal and local politicians, and the business world were all overjoyed with this achievement.
I simply cannot understand how President Donald Trump and some of his advisers have such a poor opinion of this agreement. I suspect that they have not made an objective assessment of it.
Ron Wambolt, Edmonds
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Lawmakers eye local taxpayers, again, for schools | Editorial
- What I learned as a Mexican diplomat in Washington state | Op-Ed
- Renting is out of reach | Letter to the editor
- The privacy risks of unchecked facial-recognition technology | Op-Ed
- What rural America has to teach us | David Brooks / Syndicated columnist