I was heavily involved in international trade at the time that NAFTA was ratified in 1993. The U.S. administration, federal and local politicians, and the business world were all overjoyed with this achievement.
I simply cannot understand how President Donald Trump and some of his advisers have such a poor opinion of this agreement. I suspect that they have not made an objective assessment of it.
Ron Wambolt, Edmonds
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Witnessing firsthand the cruel and inhumane treatment of asylum-seekers | Op-Ed
- After Kirkland yogurt-shop incident, a much-needed policy change | Editorial
- Heard in Olympia: Responses to Gov. Inslee's presidential aspirations | Op-Ed
- United to save salmon and orcas | Op-Ed
- Congress should override new birth-control restrictions | Editorial