I was heavily involved in international trade at the time that NAFTA was ratified in 1993. The U.S. administration, federal and local politicians, and the business world were all overjoyed with this achievement.
I simply cannot understand how President Donald Trump and some of his advisers have such a poor opinion of this agreement. I suspect that they have not made an objective assessment of it.
Ron Wambolt, Edmonds
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Fall of the American empire | Paul Krugman / Syndicated columnist
- The rise of the amnesty thugs | David Brooks / Syndicated columnist
- Affordable Care Act is worth saving | Editorial
- Trump and the baby snatchers | Charles M. Blow | Syndicated columnist
- Separating families is a humanitarian and health crisis | My Take