I was heavily involved in international trade at the time that NAFTA was ratified in 1993. The U.S. administration, federal and local politicians, and the business world were all overjoyed with this achievement.
I simply cannot understand how President Donald Trump and some of his advisers have such a poor opinion of this agreement. I suspect that they have not made an objective assessment of it.
Ron Wambolt, Edmonds
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Unsustainable teacher raises risk new school-funding crisis | Editorial
- Lessons from my European vacation | Op-Ed
- Don't sacrifice green spaces to Seattle's affordable-housing plan | Op-Ed
- Why no Seattle Times editorial saying we are not enemies of the people? We prove that every day
- Why I fly the flag upside down | My Take