How disappointing that The Seattle Times’ editorial “Lawmakers should focus on these issues” failed to mention gun safety.
Please support the Senate bill banning bump stocks and the House bills banning assault weapons (when did you need one to hunt deer?), and those to restrict firearms and dangerous weapons in early-learning facilities.
Perhaps it’s time for another gun-buyback effort as well. I wonder how many lives were saved by the last one?
Lynn Ludwig, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Keep fighting for health insurance for all | Editorial
- Seattle should reject head tax on jobs | Editorial
- We fell in love with and put down roots in a vanishing Seattle | My Take
- 2020 Census citizenship question makes a mockery of our progress | Op-Ed
- Thank you, Starbucks, for copping to the reality of implicit bias | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist