How disappointing that The Seattle Times’ editorial “Lawmakers should focus on these issues” failed to mention gun safety.
Please support the Senate bill banning bump stocks and the House bills banning assault weapons (when did you need one to hunt deer?), and those to restrict firearms and dangerous weapons in early-learning facilities.
Perhaps it’s time for another gun-buyback effort as well. I wonder how many lives were saved by the last one?
Lynn Ludwig, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- The Times recommends: Maria Cantwell for U.S. Senate | Editorial
- Senate candidate Susan Hutchison reads from the GOP script
- Affordable-housing project in Fort Lawton is right for Seattle | Op-Ed
- Bitcoin 'miners' squander our electrical energy to feed warehouses packed with computers | Op-Ed
- GOP on health care: Goodbye, political spin, hello lies | Paul Krugman / Syndicated columnist