How disappointing that The Seattle Times’ editorial “Lawmakers should focus on these issues” failed to mention gun safety.
Please support the Senate bill banning bump stocks and the House bills banning assault weapons (when did you need one to hunt deer?), and those to restrict firearms and dangerous weapons in early-learning facilities.
Perhaps it’s time for another gun-buyback effort as well. I wonder how many lives were saved by the last one?
Lynn Ludwig, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Foreigners boycott Trump’s America | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- Seattle Times editorial board endorsements for August primary election
- ‘OK, thanks, bye!’: No pretense of due process at immigration hearing | My Take
- Supportive housing would have helped my schizophrenic brother | My Take
- Let’s get creative with existing taxes to fix housing crisis | Op-Ed