How are we going to increase the supply of single-family homes? Where are we supposed to get magical 5,000-square-foot lots to build on?
The supply that’s tight is family-sized housing. If we want to increase the supply of family-sized housing, then it has to be condos and townhomes. There is literally no other solution unless you are proposing filling in Lake Washington.
Cameron Sparr, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- A travesty then and now: Don’t reopen Japanese American internment camps to hold Central American refugees | Op-Ed
- Seattle mayor on right track to end RV abuses | Editorial
- Skip citizenship question on census | Editorial
- Save lives and money — invest in supportive housing for the chronically homeless | Op-Ed
- A social-media twilight zone | Horsey cartoon