I think President Donald Trump has it all wrong about kneeling.
If he went to a Catholic church, he would genuflect before entering the pew, and at times he would kneel during the service. When I was young, I knelt at my Lutheran church when receiving communion. Muslims not only kneel but put their heads on the floor in the mosque.
Kneeling before kings and queens is a sign of respect.
So why is kneeling during football games a show of disrespect for our country? It seems to me it’s even more respectful.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Agree or disagree, sheriffs must enforce new state gun law | Editorial
- Let minors choose themselves to vaccinate against measles | Op-Ed
- Legislature, don't micromanage cities | Editorial
- I owe my 20-year marriage to being snowed in, '90s style | Op-Ed
- Pull back the curtain to find out the truth about Venezuela's oppressive regime | Op-Ed
Mary Pekarek, Vashon Island