I think President Donald Trump has it all wrong about kneeling.
If he went to a Catholic church, he would genuflect before entering the pew, and at times he would kneel during the service. When I was young, I knelt at my Lutheran church when receiving communion. Muslims not only kneel but put their heads on the floor in the mosque.
Kneeling before kings and queens is a sign of respect.
So why is kneeling during football games a show of disrespect for our country? It seems to me it’s even more respectful.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Trade war is costing Washington dearly | Editorial
- Small-town mayor schools Washington legislators on open government | Editorial
- More states should follow Washington and vote by mail | Editorial
- Fear comes full circle to rouse the electorate | Op-Ed
- Career and technical education is win-win for students, job creators | Op-Ed
Mary Pekarek, Vashon Island