I think President Donald Trump has it all wrong about kneeling.
If he went to a Catholic church, he would genuflect before entering the pew, and at times he would kneel during the service. When I was young, I knelt at my Lutheran church when receiving communion. Muslims not only kneel but put their heads on the floor in the mosque.
Kneeling before kings and queens is a sign of respect.
So why is kneeling during football games a show of disrespect for our country? It seems to me it’s even more respectful.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- The new Seattle squeeze: room for renters, in-laws and Airbnb guests | Horsey cartoon
- Restoring salmon runs, not politics, will save southern resident killer whales | Op-Ed
- The Times recommends: Heidi Wills for Seattle City Council, District 6 | Editorial
- The Seattle Times editorial board's 2019 primary election endorsements | Editorial
- Dear Barack Obama, your country needs you | Karen Tumulty / Syndicated columnist
Mary Pekarek, Vashon Island