Thank you to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for displaying integrity and ending its partnership with a charity founded by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who Western and Turkish intelligence agencies say ordered the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi in Turkey.
It has been horrifying to watch our nation’s “leadership” go radio silent so as to not upset our moneyed economic partner (thank you, President Donald Trump, for showing us what a human life is worth).
We must not become numb to these horrors.
Stacy Carter, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Trade war is costing Washington dearly | Editorial
- Combat Seattle’s street crime with treatment and housing, not jail | Op-Ed
- We're witnessing a slow-motion Saturday Night Massacre | Max Boot / Syndicated columnist
- Fear comes full circle to rouse the electorate | Op-Ed
- Manipulation of voter ignorance is true peril | Op-Ed