We have seen this movie before [“Shock waves over Iran action,” Page One, May 9]: nonexistent weapons of mass destruction, threats, sanctions, invasion, regime change, civil war and chaos. That movie did not end well. The sequel will end much worse.
The neoconservatives who sold us the war in Iraq are now back selling us a new war with Iran. Trump’s move to pull out of the Iran nuclear agreement is just the first step in the neocons’ plan for regime change in Iran.
The cost estimate for the invasion and regime change in Iraq runs as high as $6 trillion dollars. How much will regime change in Iran cost us?
James J. Farrell, Bellevue
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Seattle voters, sign referendum to repeal head tax | Editorial
- ‘Faith’ vs. Jesus’ example | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
- Israel cannot fulfill its promise perpetuating apartheid | My Take
- Time to fight back: Repeal Seattle’s head tax | Op-Ed
- The art of distraction in Trump’s New-Truth era | Op-Ed