As a taxpaying citizen, this cruel policy crushes my values as a mother and grandmother. This policy shames us and destroys our decency.
Think of the disaster of disease and abuse waiting to happen. Where is the oversight? When and how will families be reunited?
Is President Donald Trump using these kidnapped children to put pressure on Congress to implement his “four pillars” of immigration policy?
We need to witness what is happening at our Southern border ASAP. More Congressional visits, more media footage.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- What in the world was Sen. Ericksen doing in Cambodia? | Opinion: Melissa Santos column
- State Sen. Doug Ericksen out of order to approve of a sham foreign election | Editorial
- EPA’s reversal of environmental protections veers badly off course | Op-Ed
- Billions in new taxes and no guarantee of carbon reductions | Op-Ed | Con 1631
- Why we stay silent after sexual assault | Op-Ed
Assess the costs of flying hundreds of babies, toddlers, tweens and teenagers to contracted “care facilities” around the country, to be housed for months.
Do you know where your children are?
Elyse Cregar, Poulsbo