As a taxpaying citizen, this cruel policy crushes my values as a mother and grandmother. This policy shames us and destroys our decency.
Think of the disaster of disease and abuse waiting to happen. Where is the oversight? When and how will families be reunited?
Is President Donald Trump using these kidnapped children to put pressure on Congress to implement his “four pillars” of immigration policy?
We need to witness what is happening at our Southern border ASAP. More Congressional visits, more media footage.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Inclusive education is a plus for children of all abilities | Op-Ed
- Inspirational immigrant stories remind us Trump is wrong - share yours | Kate Riley / Times editorial columnist
- Homophobia and the justice system | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
- City of Seattle cannot abandon critical Magnolia Bridge | Editorial
- Give women access to birth control to help stop unwanted pregnancies | Op-Ed
Assess the costs of flying hundreds of babies, toddlers, tweens and teenagers to contracted “care facilities” around the country, to be housed for months.
Do you know where your children are?
Elyse Cregar, Poulsbo