As a taxpaying citizen, this cruel policy crushes my values as a mother and grandmother. This policy shames us and destroys our decency.
Think of the disaster of disease and abuse waiting to happen. Where is the oversight? When and how will families be reunited?
Is President Donald Trump using these kidnapped children to put pressure on Congress to implement his “four pillars” of immigration policy?
We need to witness what is happening at our Southern border ASAP. More Congressional visits, more media footage.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Witnessing firsthand the cruel and inhumane treatment of asylum-seekers | Op-Ed
- After Kirkland yogurt-shop incident, a much-needed policy change | Editorial
- Heard in Olympia: Responses to Gov. Inslee's presidential aspirations | Op-Ed
- United to save salmon and orcas | Op-Ed
- Congress should override new birth-control restrictions | Editorial
Assess the costs of flying hundreds of babies, toddlers, tweens and teenagers to contracted “care facilities” around the country, to be housed for months.
Do you know where your children are?
Elyse Cregar, Poulsbo