The proposed improvement to Interstate 405 from Renton to Bellevue is a typical Washington Department of Transportation project — five years for 11 miles.
And all to build a few toll lanes with rates reaching $10 and to improve an impossibly inadequate highway that will be over its projected capacity before it is completed.
We desperately need to replace these totally incompetent planners and builders.
Leland Burnett, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Seattle's persistent crime problem demands change | Editorial
- David Horsey on the safety of Seattle streets | Opinion
- Seattle's long-neglected Aurora Avenue North is ripe for change | Op-Ed
- Why Jews don't see Easter the way Christians do
- Bernie Sanders and the myth of the 1 Percent | Paul Krugman