The proposed improvement to Interstate 405 from Renton to Bellevue is a typical Washington Department of Transportation project — five years for 11 miles.
And all to build a few toll lanes with rates reaching $10 and to improve an impossibly inadequate highway that will be over its projected capacity before it is completed.
We desperately need to replace these totally incompetent planners and builders.
Leland Burnett, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Why we stay silent after sexual assault | Op-Ed
- Billions in new taxes and no guarantee of carbon reductions | Op-Ed | Con 1631
- 'Fossil dads' make great parents, gray hair and all | Op-Ed
- ‘Big Oil’ vs. clean energy and healthier communities | Op-Ed | Pro 1631
- Get I-405 flowing: Complete 16-year-old master plan now | Op-Ed