The proposed improvement to Interstate 405 from Renton to Bellevue is a typical Washington Department of Transportation project — five years for 11 miles.
And all to build a few toll lanes with rates reaching $10 and to improve an impossibly inadequate highway that will be over its projected capacity before it is completed.
We desperately need to replace these totally incompetent planners and builders.
Leland Burnett, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- The Times recommends: Kshama Sawant must go — elect Egan Orion for Seattle City Council, District 3 | Editorial
- The Times recommends: Heidi Wills' experience, pragmatism make her the right choice for Seattle City Council, District 6 | Editorial
- Vaping response should be science-based, not prohibition | Op-Ed
- Time to strike a balance between protecting wolves and cattle | Op-Ed
- Pro: Vote yes on I-976 to reject dishonest vehicle taxes | Op-Ed