The proposed improvement to Interstate 405 from Renton to Bellevue is a typical Washington Department of Transportation project — five years for 11 miles.
And all to build a few toll lanes with rates reaching $10 and to improve an impossibly inadequate highway that will be over its projected capacity before it is completed.
We desperately need to replace these totally incompetent planners and builders.
Leland Burnett, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- The ultimate expression of human creativity is the birth and nurturing of children | Op-Ed
- Tableau deal affirms Seattle's business-climate strength and challenges | Editorial
- Extraordinary generosity will help homeless crisis | Editorial
- A social-media twilight zone | Horsey cartoon
- Dividends of a life well lived | Kate Riley / Opinion editor