The proposed improvement to Interstate 405 from Renton to Bellevue is a typical Washington Department of Transportation project — five years for 11 miles.
And all to build a few toll lanes with rates reaching $10 and to improve an impossibly inadequate highway that will be over its projected capacity before it is completed.
We desperately need to replace these totally incompetent planners and builders.
Leland Burnett, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- What parents can learn from the Boy Scouts child sexual abuse crisis | Op-Ed
- Because Afghanistan and Iraq have gone so well … | Horsey cartoon
- Boeing and the FAA must restore public trust | Editorial
- Women should not feel the need to justify their reproductive rights | Op-Ed
- Why won't we talk about death? | Op-Ed