The proposed improvement to Interstate 405 from Renton to Bellevue is a typical Washington Department of Transportation project — five years for 11 miles.
And all to build a few toll lanes with rates reaching $10 and to improve an impossibly inadequate highway that will be over its projected capacity before it is completed.
We desperately need to replace these totally incompetent planners and builders.
Leland Burnett, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- The 'Seattle Freeze' has me plotting my escape | Op-Ed
- Seattle’s natural-gas conundrum | Horsey cartoon
- Hold bike-share vendors accountable | Editorial
- Lift barriers to youth sports and physical activity | Op-Ed
- Prioritize affordable housing and robust transit as we shape Puget Sound’s future | Op-Ed