The proposed improvement to Interstate 405 from Renton to Bellevue is a typical Washington Department of Transportation project — five years for 11 miles.
And all to build a few toll lanes with rates reaching $10 and to improve an impossibly inadequate highway that will be over its projected capacity before it is completed.
We desperately need to replace these totally incompetent planners and builders.
Leland Burnett, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- I lost my cousin in Parkland — why is there pushback to gun laws? | Op-Ed
- Amazon's New York HQ2 pullback offers opportunity, lessons for Puget Sound region | Editorial
- Ridicule, the death of a culture | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
- Give schools a better chance to pass construction bonds | Editorial
- Let’s call it Trump Remorse | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist