The proposed improvement to Interstate 405 from Renton to Bellevue is a typical Washington Department of Transportation project — five years for 11 miles.
And all to build a few toll lanes with rates reaching $10 and to improve an impossibly inadequate highway that will be over its projected capacity before it is completed.
We desperately need to replace these totally incompetent planners and builders.
Leland Burnett, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Senate should drop investigation into rape allegation against Joe Fain | Editorial
- Ivanka Trump's email scandal has a familiar moral | Timothy L. O'Brien / Syndicated columnist
- Invest in Sea-Tac, a critical regional asset | Op-Ed
- Trump’s excuses for Saudi Arabia are reprehensible | Editorial
- Much to give thanks for, and much to mourn, in Indian country | Op-Ed