Has the Seattle City Council finally reached the tipping point and is the proposed head tax the straw that will finally break the camel’s back?
For too long, the City Council has looked upon the residents of the city as an open bank account that they can continuously withdraw funds from in pursuit of their lofty, and often mismanaged, social programs.
The people are saying enough is enough and are standing up to say no more.
Hopefully, the City Council and Mayor Jenny Durkan will listen, re-evaluate their ideas, and decide to work with the funds they already have in a more efficient manner.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Sound Transit performance audit is welcome | Editorial
- Lawmakers eye local taxpayers, again, for schools | Editorial
- War on opioid abuse is striking the wrong target | Ramesh Ponnuru / Syndicated columnist
- Renting is out of reach | Letter to the editor
- A fire at my house | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
Robert Oberlander, Issaquah