Has the Seattle City Council finally reached the tipping point and is the proposed head tax the straw that will finally break the camel’s back?
For too long, the City Council has looked upon the residents of the city as an open bank account that they can continuously withdraw funds from in pursuit of their lofty, and often mismanaged, social programs.
The people are saying enough is enough and are standing up to say no more.
Hopefully, the City Council and Mayor Jenny Durkan will listen, re-evaluate their ideas, and decide to work with the funds they already have in a more efficient manner.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- No to Seattle congestion pricing
- William Barr just did exactly what his critics feared - again | Opinion
- Call capital-gains tax for what it really is — a tax on extraordinary windfalls | Op-Ed
- Barr embarrasses himself and Justice Department | Opinion
- Moving to impeach Trump would only make him stronger | Opinion
Robert Oberlander, Issaquah