Has the Seattle City Council finally reached the tipping point and is the proposed head tax the straw that will finally break the camel’s back?
For too long, the City Council has looked upon the residents of the city as an open bank account that they can continuously withdraw funds from in pursuit of their lofty, and often mismanaged, social programs.
The people are saying enough is enough and are standing up to say no more.
Hopefully, the City Council and Mayor Jenny Durkan will listen, re-evaluate their ideas, and decide to work with the funds they already have in a more efficient manner.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- The ultimate expression of human creativity is the birth and nurturing of children | Op-Ed
- Extraordinary generosity will help homeless crisis | Editorial
- Dividends of a life well lived | Kate Riley / Opinion editor
- A social-media twilight zone | Horsey cartoon
- More mercury in the fish we eat? Don’t let the EPA weaken water-quality rules | Op-Ed
Robert Oberlander, Issaquah