I dislike the blaming tone that the Seattle City Council has taken. The housing shortage has many causes and started growing long before large companies became successful.
Should we punish nature lovers who move here for the surrounding wilderness areas? Should we punish those attracted by Seattle’s liberal culture?
I am a liberal Democrat, but I am really disturbed by the anti-business, negative rhetoric of some of the council members.
We need to solve homelessness in an atmosphere of mutual respect and improved communication. This head tax is going to be a hardship on many local businesses. I favor reversing it and finding a more just solution.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Witnessing firsthand the cruel and inhumane treatment of asylum-seekers | Op-Ed
- United to save salmon and orcas | Op-Ed
- After Kirkland yogurt-shop incident, a much-needed policy change | Editorial
- Congress should override new birth-control restrictions | Editorial
- Heard in Olympia: Responses to Gov. Inslee's presidential aspirations | Op-Ed
Linda Waterfall, Seattle