I dislike the blaming tone that the Seattle City Council has taken. The housing shortage has many causes and started growing long before large companies became successful.
Should we punish nature lovers who move here for the surrounding wilderness areas? Should we punish those attracted by Seattle’s liberal culture?
I am a liberal Democrat, but I am really disturbed by the anti-business, negative rhetoric of some of the council members.
We need to solve homelessness in an atmosphere of mutual respect and improved communication. This head tax is going to be a hardship on many local businesses. I favor reversing it and finding a more just solution.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- The Times recommends: Dino Rossi in the 8th Congressional District
- CON: Police officers at risk if Initiative 940 passes | Op-Ed
- The Seattle Times recommends: No on Initiative 1631 | Editorial
- Seattle Times editorial board endorsements for 2018 general election
- The Times recommends: Vote no on misleading I-1634, the effort to ban local soda taxes | Editorial
Linda Waterfall, Seattle