Kudos to Danny Westneat for so perfectly expressing my feelings.
Being a resident of Seattle for more than 40 years, I am weary of city leaders telling me how I have arrived at my opinions on local matters. My friends and I are very capable of observing what is going on in Seattle and coming to our own conclusions that the mayor and City Council have made poor choices and decisions on how our city should operate.
And I certainly don’t need to hear Councilmember Lisa Herbold suggest that I have been brainwashed by the Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce to oppose the head tax.
It simply emphasizes how our council members are not listening to the voters of Seattle.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Legislators, don't meddle in city planning | Editorial
- Here's how Microsoft and UW leaders want to better fund higher education | Op-Ed
- Lawmakers, stop underfunding Fish and Wildlife, the agency that protects our lands and water | Op-Ed
- What I learned as a Mexican diplomat in Washington state | Op-Ed
- Lawmakers eye local taxpayers, again, for schools | Editorial
Tom Oldham, Seattle