Kudos to Danny Westneat for so perfectly expressing my feelings.
Being a resident of Seattle for more than 40 years, I am weary of city leaders telling me how I have arrived at my opinions on local matters. My friends and I are very capable of observing what is going on in Seattle and coming to our own conclusions that the mayor and City Council have made poor choices and decisions on how our city should operate.
And I certainly don’t need to hear Councilmember Lisa Herbold suggest that I have been brainwashed by the Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce to oppose the head tax.
It simply emphasizes how our council members are not listening to the voters of Seattle.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- What in the world was Sen. Ericksen doing in Cambodia? | Opinion: Melssia Santos column
- Billions in new taxes and no guarantee of carbon reductions | Op-Ed | Con 1631
- Why we stay silent after sexual assault | Op-Ed
- Lawmaker out of order to approve of a sham foreign election | Editorial
- FYI, GOP: Voters grasp tax cut | Paul Waldman / Syndicated columnist
Tom Oldham, Seattle