Kudos to Danny Westneat for so perfectly expressing my feelings.
Being a resident of Seattle for more than 40 years, I am weary of city leaders telling me how I have arrived at my opinions on local matters. My friends and I are very capable of observing what is going on in Seattle and coming to our own conclusions that the mayor and City Council have made poor choices and decisions on how our city should operate.
And I certainly don’t need to hear Councilmember Lisa Herbold suggest that I have been brainwashed by the Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce to oppose the head tax.
It simply emphasizes how our council members are not listening to the voters of Seattle.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- City of Seattle cannot abandon critical Magnolia Bridge | Editorial
- Inclusive education is a plus for children of all abilities | Op-Ed
- Inspirational immigrant stories remind us Trump is wrong - share yours | Kate Riley / Times editorial columnist
- Celebrate Pride by joining fight for LGBTIQ rights globally | My Take
- 10 take-aways from the head-tax debacle | Editorial
Tom Oldham, Seattle