Our ever increasing taxes are about to increase more. Our state government has received a record intake of tax revenues, but still that is not enough for the Democrats who run roughshod over “we the people.”
Gov. Jay Inslee, in his budget proposal, is budgeting more than $3.5 billion dollars of new taxes. Much of that is to “fix” problems created under his watch, increasing the B&O taxes and creating a capital-gains tax. A tax on business is a tax on you. Taxes create inflation by increasing the cost of the products and services you buy.
The Democrats’ financial strategies have been to spend, spend and tax, tax. The Democrats seem to know how to create, not fix the problems that befall the citizens of Washington state.
Roger W. Hancock, Auburn
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Portland, you lost me with your culture-wars chaos | Op-Ed
- The Times recommends: Ann Davison Sattler for Seattle City Council, District 5 | Editorial
- Run, Jay, run — and get out of our way | Horsey cartoon
- The Times recommends: Vote 'yes' for King County parks | Editorial
- America’s toxic ‘both-sideism’ | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist