Timothy Egan knocked it out of the ballpark with “Failing civics comes with a price.”
Forget the Russians, North Koreans, the Republicans, the Democrats. Our real enemy? An ignorant, distracted, disinterested electorate. An educated electorate is essential to a Democracy.
With so-called “enemies” everywhere, we need to look in the mirror for the real one. In the present fog of untruths, misrepresentation, distractions and accelerated events, this has never been more important.
Kathryn McHenry, Bainbridge Island
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Restore the balance between Navy's needs and civilian communities impacted by Growler jets
- Jaime Herrera Beutler principled to the end, gracious in defeat
- Axios sells to Cox, but what does it mean for local news?
- Trumplandia is predictably gleeful about FBI raid
- Breaking with the cult of the Confederacy