Contrary to the Jan. 12 editorial [“Investigate Russian disruption of election”], Russia did less of manipulating the recent elections and more of a favor for those at least trying to believe in free speech and an open society.
What was revealed in WikiLeaks is what the media has diverted attention from. That a very successful party candidate, Bernie Sanders, was within inches of overthrowing the money-grubbing establishment part of the Democrat Party, and that made the party do as much as possible to undermine his candidacy.
We should be thanking Russia.
Richard Pelto, Kenmore
Most Read Stories
- 'The Big Dark' is here as first of three storms rolls into Northwest on stretch of trans-Pacific moisture
- Boeing, reversing tide of cuts, rushes to bring back retirees as temps
- As Amazon’s deadline for HQ2 bids closes, speculation on winner heats up
- Midweek rain in Seattle area is just hint of what's to come, forecasters say
- As Confederate statues fall, this Washington town is creating a monument to its black founder VIEW