Congressional representatives, who have excellent health care plans, are at it again.
If they were low-income Americans currently enrolled in Medicaid, I know they would be raising a big fuss! Haven’t they gotten the message? If not, let me repeat it: Hands off Medicaid!
We as Americans have a duty to help protect those less fortunate.
Congress, there are many issues to concern you. Get busy on the issues Americans want handled. Please protect Medicaid and stop raising the blood pressure and anxiety levels of the millions of low-income Americans who will suffer if the proposed legislation goes through. We must not forget our obligations to those less fortunate.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Our very divided Washington | Horsey cartoon
- Washington opens wider the door to higher education with new College Grant program | Editorial
- In Trump's attack of Vindman, the disloyalty smear rears its ugly head | Op-Ed
- As an evangelical Christian, I know Jesus calls us to stand by our LGBTQ, immigrant and homeless brethren | Op-Ed
- Congratulations, Sounders and Seattle — and bring on World Cup games in 2026 | Editorial
– Rochelle Goldberg, Bothell