Re: “Comedian Norm Macdonald crosses another line in crass #MeToo apology” [Sept. 13, A8]:
What disturbs me most is Macdonald saying, “You’d have to have Down syndrome” not to feel sorry for the victims of sexual abuse. Comparing people who are thoughtless to people with Down syndrome or other cognitive disabilities is very insulting.
I cringe when President Donald Trump uses terms such as “retarded” or “low IQ” to insult people.
From my observation, people with average or high IQs are remarkably capable of saying stupid things.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Seattle's persistent crime problem demands change | Editorial
- 7 steps to restore Seattle's safety and civility | Editorial
- Readers respond to editorials on Seattle's persistent crime | Editorial
- David Horsey on the safety of Seattle streets | Opinion
- Real solutions to homelessness, addiction and crime require a balanced approach | Op-Ed
Leslie Jordan, Belfair