This news was so heartening to me. My father, Andreas Arne Paulsen Faste, was a Seattle naval architect back in the ’50s, when the push was for double hulled tankers to keep big oil leaks out of the oceans and out of Puget Sound. He was a hull specialist and would definitely have answered the call to work on these new improvements.
I am so hopeful to know there are people working toward our fossil fuel free future. Will it come soon enough? It sure would help if Congress passed a bill like the Energy Efficiency and Carbon Dividend to shift the economy by taxing carbon production, then returning all revenue back evenly to U.S. citizens and their children.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- A dignified exit for Gov. Inslee and a win for the planet | Horsey cartoon
- Thank you, Gov. Inslee, but it's time to let others govern | Editorial
- Protect salmon-rich Bristol Bay from mining threat | Editorial
- The art of the absurd deal | Horsey cartoon
- My fellow Americans, you should visit Cuba | Op-Ed
Andrea Faste, Seattle