This news was so heartening to me. My father, Andreas Arne Paulsen Faste, was a Seattle naval architect back in the ’50s, when the push was for double hulled tankers to keep big oil leaks out of the oceans and out of Puget Sound. He was a hull specialist and would definitely have answered the call to work on these new improvements.
I am so hopeful to know there are people working toward our fossil fuel free future. Will it come soon enough? It sure would help if Congress passed a bill like the Energy Efficiency and Carbon Dividend to shift the economy by taxing carbon production, then returning all revenue back evenly to U.S. citizens and their children.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Barr embarrasses himself and Justice Department | Opinion
- No to Seattle congestion pricing
- William Barr just did exactly what his critics feared - again | Opinion
- Call capital-gains tax for what it really is — a tax on extraordinary windfalls | Op-Ed
- Moving to impeach Trump would only make him stronger | Opinion
Andrea Faste, Seattle