Help Wanted: Competent individuals to run for Seattle City Council. Where: City of Seattle. When: 2019. Compensation: At about $120K, it bests many city-resident incomes.
Demands are great and challenges are overwhelming, as the present City Council has run the city into the ground. Rewards will be many if you can be honest, financially responsible and listen. Not necessary that you be a rocket scientist. Would prefer that you not think you are smarter than everyone else. Ability to build bridges, literally, would be a great asset.
Those with high horses need not apply.
John Stone, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- The Times recommends: Dino Rossi in the 8th Congressional District
- CON: Police officers at risk if Initiative 940 passes | Op-Ed
- Seattle Times editorial board endorsements for 2018 general election
- Seattle parks and greenbelts are too wonderful to be trashed | Op-Ed
- The Times recommends: Vote no on misleading I-1634, the effort to ban local soda taxes | Editorial