Help Wanted: Competent individuals to run for Seattle City Council. Where: City of Seattle. When: 2019. Compensation: At about $120K, it bests many city-resident incomes.
Demands are great and challenges are overwhelming, as the present City Council has run the city into the ground. Rewards will be many if you can be honest, financially responsible and listen. Not necessary that you be a rocket scientist. Would prefer that you not think you are smarter than everyone else. Ability to build bridges, literally, would be a great asset.
Those with high horses need not apply.
John Stone, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Orca extinction is not an option | Op-Ed
- Why no Seattle Times editorial saying we are not enemies of the people? We prove that every day
- Fairness requires credit standards for AP and IB tests | Editorial
- We are completely unprepared for the next financial crisis | Robert E. Rubin / Guest columnist
- Just how big is this blue wave? For state Democrats, maybe the biggest in decades | Melissa Santos / Times editorial columnist