Help Wanted: Competent individuals to run for Seattle City Council. Where: City of Seattle. When: 2019. Compensation: At about $120K, it bests many city-resident incomes.
Demands are great and challenges are overwhelming, as the present City Council has run the city into the ground. Rewards will be many if you can be honest, financially responsible and listen. Not necessary that you be a rocket scientist. Would prefer that you not think you are smarter than everyone else. Ability to build bridges, literally, would be a great asset.
Those with high horses need not apply.
John Stone, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Seattle’s library plan needs scrutiny
- Pass I-1000 to restore affirmative action | Editorial
- And the children shall lead us out of climate catastrophe | Op-Ed
- Who do Jared and Ivanka think they are? | Michelle Goldberg / Syndicated columnist
- Reducing energy use in aging buildings is worth the investment | Op-Ed