Help Wanted: Competent individuals to run for Seattle City Council. Where: City of Seattle. When: 2019. Compensation: At about $120K, it bests many city-resident incomes.
Demands are great and challenges are overwhelming, as the present City Council has run the city into the ground. Rewards will be many if you can be honest, financially responsible and listen. Not necessary that you be a rocket scientist. Would prefer that you not think you are smarter than everyone else. Ability to build bridges, literally, would be a great asset.
Those with high horses need not apply.
John Stone, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Inclusive education is a plus for children of all abilities | Op-Ed
- Inspirational immigrant stories remind us Trump is wrong - share yours | Kate Riley / Times editorial columnist
- Homophobia and the justice system | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
- City of Seattle cannot abandon critical Magnolia Bridge | Editorial
- Give women access to birth control to help stop unwanted pregnancies | Op-Ed