Help Wanted: Competent individuals to run for Seattle City Council. Where: City of Seattle. When: 2019. Compensation: At about $120K, it bests many city-resident incomes.
Demands are great and challenges are overwhelming, as the present City Council has run the city into the ground. Rewards will be many if you can be honest, financially responsible and listen. Not necessary that you be a rocket scientist. Would prefer that you not think you are smarter than everyone else. Ability to build bridges, literally, would be a great asset.
Those with high horses need not apply.
John Stone, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- As Florida chokes on red tide, governor denies environmental malpractice | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- Unsustainable teacher raises risk new school-funding crisis | Editorial
- Way to go, Bellevue, on thoughtful bike lane pilot program | Editorial
- Lessons from my European vacation | Op-Ed
- The Times recommends: Retain three state Supreme Court justices | Editorial