Thank you for your timely editorial bringing to light the rights of the citizens of Washington state to vote on important issues through initiatives that our state legislators are unwilling to face.
I signed up to gather signatures for I-1639, which will start the process of adopting sensible gun laws. I plan on taking this petition to my granddaughter’s graduation party and give everyone who loves this sweet young woman the chance to rejoice in the fact that she is graduating unscathed and unharmed. My goal and hope is that no other parent or grandparent in our state will ever have to bury another child due to gun violence.
I ask that every other grandparent, and mother and father, and especially our graduating seniors, take a stand and make the pledge to do the same.
Maura T. Callahan, Snoqualmie
Most Read Opinion Stories
- The Seattle Times recommends: No on Initiative 1631 | Editorial
- Seattle Times editorial board endorsements for 2018 general election
- The Times recommends: Dino Rossi in the 8th Congressional District
- CON: Police officers at risk if Initiative 940 passes | Op-Ed
- Vote no on I-1639: Don’t criminalize self-defense | Op-Ed | Con 1639