Thank you for your timely editorial bringing to light the rights of the citizens of Washington state to vote on important issues through initiatives that our state legislators are unwilling to face.
I signed up to gather signatures for I-1639, which will start the process of adopting sensible gun laws. I plan on taking this petition to my granddaughter’s graduation party and give everyone who loves this sweet young woman the chance to rejoice in the fact that she is graduating unscathed and unharmed. My goal and hope is that no other parent or grandparent in our state will ever have to bury another child due to gun violence.
I ask that every other grandparent, and mother and father, and especially our graduating seniors, take a stand and make the pledge to do the same.
Maura T. Callahan, Snoqualmie
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Witnessing firsthand the cruel and inhumane treatment of asylum-seekers | Op-Ed
- United to save salmon and orcas | Op-Ed
- After Kirkland yogurt-shop incident, a much-needed policy change | Editorial
- Heard in Olympia: Responses to Gov. Inslee's presidential aspirations | Op-Ed
- Congress should override new birth-control restrictions | Editorial