I am heartsick reading more and more about Charleena Lyles.
In light of the fact that the man acting as our president signed an order to revive a program allowing police officers to use equipment typically used in warfare, I would hope that there would also be more money put into mental-health training for police officers and reliable body cameras as well.
I want all of the amazing and excellent police officers well trained and protected, and I want the ones who are not amazing to be discovered quickly and dismissed immediately.
Seven shots? No Taser? Heaven help us.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Analysis: Five reasons the Seahawks waived Dwight Freeney WATCH
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’
- Jobs that pay without a B.A.: the most lucrative fields in Washington state
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
Sidni Sobolik, Seattle