I am heartsick reading more and more about Charleena Lyles.
In light of the fact that the man acting as our president signed an order to revive a program allowing police officers to use equipment typically used in warfare, I would hope that there would also be more money put into mental-health training for police officers and reliable body cameras as well.
I want all of the amazing and excellent police officers well trained and protected, and I want the ones who are not amazing to be discovered quickly and dismissed immediately.
Seven shots? No Taser? Heaven help us.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- We fell in love with and put down roots in a vanishing Seattle | My Take
- Trump is not Nixon and North Korea is not China | Eli Lake | Syndicated columnist
- Seattle should reject head tax on jobs | Editorial
- WSU legend Steve Gleason deserves Congressional Gold Medal | Editorial
- Anti-vaccine misinformation denies children’s rights | Op-Ed
Sidni Sobolik, Seattle