After reading the Canadian consul general’s Op-Ed, I am unconvinced of his country’s intentions. No mention is made regarding the 20-plus million gallons of untreated sewage dumped into the Strait of Juan de Fuca every day, year in and year out.
Canada is never to be trusted on any environmental matter. Its deliberate destruction of the earth is akin to the worst coal extractions in the U.S.
Of course, we will continue to give them a pass on Victoria’s filthy behavior. After all, it is home to high tea and other English niceties.
Richard Grendon, Bellingham
Most Read Opinion Stories
- What in the world was Sen. Ericksen doing in Cambodia? | Opinion: Melssia Santos column
- Billions in new taxes and no guarantee of carbon reductions | Op-Ed | Con 1631
- Why we stay silent after sexual assault | Op-Ed
- Lawmaker out of order to approve of a sham foreign election | Editorial
- FYI, GOP: Voters grasp tax cut | Paul Waldman / Syndicated columnist