After reading the Canadian consul general’s Op-Ed, I am unconvinced of his country’s intentions. No mention is made regarding the 20-plus million gallons of untreated sewage dumped into the Strait of Juan de Fuca every day, year in and year out.
Canada is never to be trusted on any environmental matter. Its deliberate destruction of the earth is akin to the worst coal extractions in the U.S.
Of course, we will continue to give them a pass on Victoria’s filthy behavior. After all, it is home to high tea and other English niceties.
Richard Grendon, Bellingham
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Targeting sea lions will help orcas, Columbia River salmon | Editorial
- A solution to the shortage of mental-health providers | Op-Ed
- GM layoffs are only the beginning of disruptions in AI revolution | Op-Ed
- Stick with later start times that boost Seattle high schoolers' success | Editorial
- Our long national nightmare is just beginning | Max Boot / Syndicated columnist