After reading the Canadian consul general’s Op-Ed, I am unconvinced of his country’s intentions. No mention is made regarding the 20-plus million gallons of untreated sewage dumped into the Strait of Juan de Fuca every day, year in and year out.
Canada is never to be trusted on any environmental matter. Its deliberate destruction of the earth is akin to the worst coal extractions in the U.S.
Of course, we will continue to give them a pass on Victoria’s filthy behavior. After all, it is home to high tea and other English niceties.
Richard Grendon, Bellingham
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Seattle’s library plan needs scrutiny
- Pass I-1000 to restore affirmative action | Editorial
- And the children shall lead us out of climate catastrophe | Op-Ed
- Who do Jared and Ivanka think they are? | Michelle Goldberg / Syndicated columnist
- Reducing energy use in aging buildings is worth the investment | Op-Ed