After reading the Canadian consul general’s Op-Ed, I am unconvinced of his country’s intentions. No mention is made regarding the 20-plus million gallons of untreated sewage dumped into the Strait of Juan de Fuca every day, year in and year out.
Canada is never to be trusted on any environmental matter. Its deliberate destruction of the earth is akin to the worst coal extractions in the U.S.
Of course, we will continue to give them a pass on Victoria’s filthy behavior. After all, it is home to high tea and other English niceties.
Richard Grendon, Bellingham
Most Read Opinion Stories
- City of Seattle cannot abandon critical Magnolia Bridge | Editorial
- Inclusive education is a plus for children of all abilities | Op-Ed
- Inspirational immigrant stories remind us Trump is wrong - share yours | Kate Riley / Times editorial columnist
- Celebrate Pride by joining fight for LGBTIQ rights globally | My Take
- 10 take-aways from the head-tax debacle | Editorial