Thank you to House Speaker Paul Ryan for saying that the emperor has no clothes [“President lambastes Ryan over birthright criticism,” Nov. 1, A1].
There has been a deafening silence when the president gives his base whatever he thinks will garner votes. We have been waiting for someone in his party to point out that our commander in chief is making up scenarios calculated to sow fear and anger.
After John McCain died, I was beginning to think we had lost every voice in Congress who will stand up for the truth.
Joan Singler, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- No to Seattle congestion pricing
- William Barr just did exactly what his critics feared - again | Opinion
- Barr embarrasses himself and Justice Department | Opinion
- Call capital-gains tax for what it really is — a tax on extraordinary windfalls | Op-Ed
- Moving to impeach Trump would only make him stronger | Opinion