Thank you to House Speaker Paul Ryan for saying that the emperor has no clothes [“President lambastes Ryan over birthright criticism,” Nov. 1, A1].
There has been a deafening silence when the president gives his base whatever he thinks will garner votes. We have been waiting for someone in his party to point out that our commander in chief is making up scenarios calculated to sow fear and anger.
After John McCain died, I was beginning to think we had lost every voice in Congress who will stand up for the truth.
Joan Singler, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Trump and Pelosi: The legacies of their fathers | Op-Ed
- The real governments of Blue America | Paul Krugman / Syndicated columnist
- Why I fly the flag upside down | My Take
- The mysterious case of relearning your ABCs at 65 | Op-Ed
- Microsoft steps up with game-changing support for housing | Editorial