Where will it end? With the Seattle City Council appearing to be so tax happy and drunk with power, and SDOT so over budget on pretty much all of its projects, including bike lanes, why not have a bicycle tax?
The City Council can pass that, right? But members wouldn’t dare upset the Cascade Bicycle Club or they’d never get donations for future campaigns, which will be failed ones, I’m sure.
If the council wants more bike lanes, tax the users. Mayor Jenny Durkan wants to tax anyone who drives downtown, why not the bicyclists too?
Rita Martinez, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- The Times recommends: Kshama Sawant must go — elect Egan Orion for Seattle City Council, District 3 | Editorial
- Cracking the myth of the ‘Seattle Freeze’ | Horsey cartoon
- Pro: Vote yes on I-976 to reject dishonest vehicle taxes | Op-Ed
- Welcome to Seattle, capital of revolving-door crime | Horsey cartoon
- Why I can't sue the Navy for the death of my wife in childbirth | Op-Ed