Where will it end? With the Seattle City Council appearing to be so tax happy and drunk with power, and SDOT so over budget on pretty much all of its projects, including bike lanes, why not have a bicycle tax?
The City Council can pass that, right? But members wouldn’t dare upset the Cascade Bicycle Club or they’d never get donations for future campaigns, which will be failed ones, I’m sure.
If the council wants more bike lanes, tax the users. Mayor Jenny Durkan wants to tax anyone who drives downtown, why not the bicyclists too?
Rita Martinez, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Seattle’s nightmare in broad daylight | Horsey cartoon
- Food-assistance cuts will hurt the vulnerable | Editorial
- Welcome to Cannabis Country, dude | Horsey cartoon
- Positive progress toward a regional homelessness response | Editorial
- The health-care sector must address climate change | Op-Ed