Thank you for the Op-Ed by George P. Shultz and Mikhail Gorbachev.
Their leadership 30 years ago to eliminate intermediate-range nuclear forces and “radical reduction of strategic nuclear arms” was a move in a wise direction. Puget Sound would be safer without Naval Submarine Base Bangor’s nuclear submarines.
The United States will have more money for health care, education, housing and infrastructure without building new nuclear weapons. The world will be infinitely more secure if nuclear weapons are universally banned.
Mary Margaret Pruitt, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- What parents can learn from the Boy Scouts child sexual abuse crisis | Op-Ed
- Boeing and the FAA must restore public trust | Editorial
- Because Afghanistan and Iraq have gone so well … | Horsey cartoon
- Imagine an America where all youth commit to national service | Op-Ed
- Repealing the 20th century | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist