Thank you for the Op-Ed by George P. Shultz and Mikhail Gorbachev.
Their leadership 30 years ago to eliminate intermediate-range nuclear forces and “radical reduction of strategic nuclear arms” was a move in a wise direction. Puget Sound would be safer without Naval Submarine Base Bangor’s nuclear submarines.
The United States will have more money for health care, education, housing and infrastructure without building new nuclear weapons. The world will be infinitely more secure if nuclear weapons are universally banned.
Mary Margaret Pruitt, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Trump and Pelosi: The legacies of their fathers | Op-Ed
- The real governments of Blue America | Paul Krugman / Syndicated columnist
- Why I fly the flag upside down | My Take
- The mysterious case of relearning your ABCs at 65 | Op-Ed
- Microsoft steps up with game-changing support for housing | Editorial