Regarding: “Hanford’s triumph was Nagasaki’s tragedy”:
Remember: That quiet morning aboard the USS Arizona.
Remember: The five Sullivan brothers.
Remember: 98 construction workers massacred on Wake Island.
Most Read Stories
- It looked ugly on TV, but Doug Baldwin’s uncontrolled emotion helped Seahawks beat Giants
- I-5’s Uncle Sam billboard: 50 years and still ticked off near Chehalis
- ICE agents arrest man inside Oregon house without warrant
- Amazon receives 238 bids for its second headquarters
- Bicyclist sues King County after accident left him quadriplegic
Remember: The Bataan Death March.
Remember: Iwo Jima, Guam, Okinawa, New Guinea, Luzon, Guadalcanal and Leyte
These were also tragedies.
Gary R. Nein, Shoreline