Teach the arts in ways that make students take pride in their own cultural identity, while gaining respect and appreciation for the art and customs of other cultures.
As a former art teacher, I would like to see the “A” added to STEM so that all students could benefit from art history, not just AP classes.
Multicultural arts matter as the arts may be our only hope of bringing us together for a world of peace and harmony.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Lawmakers eye local taxpayers, again, for schools | Editorial
- What I learned as a Mexican diplomat in Washington state | Op-Ed
- Renting is out of reach | Letter to the editor
- The privacy risks of unchecked facial-recognition technology | Op-Ed
- What rural America has to teach us | David Brooks / Syndicated columnist
Marsha Conn, Seattle