Teach the arts in ways that make students take pride in their own cultural identity, while gaining respect and appreciation for the art and customs of other cultures.
As a former art teacher, I would like to see the “A” added to STEM so that all students could benefit from art history, not just AP classes.
Multicultural arts matter as the arts may be our only hope of bringing us together for a world of peace and harmony.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- What parents can learn from the Boy Scouts child sexual abuse crisis | Op-Ed
- Boeing and the FAA must restore public trust | Editorial
- Because Afghanistan and Iraq have gone so well … | Horsey cartoon
- Repealing the 20th century | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
- Profit margins cloud Boeing’s judgment | Horsey cartoon
Marsha Conn, Seattle