Your editorial opposing a small tax increase on big, scary Amazon and other large companies [“Reject head tax,” May 6] fails to ask the essential question:
Do more jobs, more people and endless economic growth improve the quality of life for the people of Seattle?
I would argue that the answer in clearly no, and that life in both Seattle and Vancouver was much nicer 30 years ago than it is now.
Marjorie Sinel, Bellingham
Most Read Opinion Stories
- The new Seattle: Why I have to leave | My Take
- The new Seattle: Why I want to stay | My Take
- Seattle, it's time to take back City Hall | Op-Ed
- Robert Mueller, you’re starting to scare me | Frank Bruni / Syndicated columnist
- A missed opportunity for balance at Israel-Palestine forum in Seattle | Editorial