Your editorial opposing a small tax increase on big, scary Amazon and other large companies [“Reject head tax,” May 6] fails to ask the essential question:
Do more jobs, more people and endless economic growth improve the quality of life for the people of Seattle?
I would argue that the answer in clearly no, and that life in both Seattle and Vancouver was much nicer 30 years ago than it is now.
Marjorie Sinel, Bellingham
Most Read Opinion Stories
- The Times recommends: Dino Rossi in the 8th Congressional District
- CON: Police officers at risk if Initiative 940 passes | Op-Ed
- The Seattle Times recommends: No on Initiative 1631 | Editorial
- Seattle Times editorial board endorsements for 2018 general election
- The Times recommends: Vote no on misleading I-1634, the effort to ban local soda taxes | Editorial