Your editorial opposing a small tax increase on big, scary Amazon and other large companies [“Reject head tax,” May 6] fails to ask the essential question:
Do more jobs, more people and endless economic growth improve the quality of life for the people of Seattle?
I would argue that the answer in clearly no, and that life in both Seattle and Vancouver was much nicer 30 years ago than it is now.
Marjorie Sinel, Bellingham
Most Read Opinion Stories
- United to save salmon and orcas | Op-Ed
- Congress should override new birth-control restrictions | Editorial
- Witnessing firsthand the cruel and inhumane treatment of asylum-seekers | Op-Ed
- Are we truly one paycheck from disaster? | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- Inspired by MLK, Womxn's March honors a new chapter for America | Op-Ed