Danny Westneat makes a hopeful case with his column, “GOP mission to kill Obamacare fizzles.”
It’s heartening to think that the many improvements wrought by the ACA will continue.
But such a belief is a dangerous illusion, for you can bet your last health-care dollar that, if we are foolish enough to return a GOP majority to Congress this November, they will revive their drive to kill Obamacare with renewed vigor. And Roe v. Wade will not be far behind, for elephants never forget.
Kurt E. Armbruster, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Is America becoming a four-party state? | Thomas Friedman / Syndicated columnist
- Stop the local tax grab and increase state dollars for education | Editorial
- Laments over unbridled growth in our beloved Northwest are nothing new | Op-Ed
- Why I fly the flag upside down | My Take
- Virginia, it’s not about blackface in your past; it’s about redemption today | Op-Ed