Danny Westneat makes a hopeful case with his column, “GOP mission to kill Obamacare fizzles.”
It’s heartening to think that the many improvements wrought by the ACA will continue.
But such a belief is a dangerous illusion, for you can bet your last health-care dollar that, if we are foolish enough to return a GOP majority to Congress this November, they will revive their drive to kill Obamacare with renewed vigor. And Roe v. Wade will not be far behind, for elephants never forget.
Kurt E. Armbruster, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- The Burke-Gilman missing link: Real vs. alternative facts | Op-Ed
- Shellfish farming, the lifeblood of Pacific County, faces extinction | Op-Ed
- Our long national nightmare is just beginning | Max Boot / Syndicated columnist
- A Grinch-worthy shutdown threat | Editorial
- Trump and the bitter taste of rejection | Frank Bruni / syndicated columnist