Danny Westneat makes a hopeful case with his column, “GOP mission to kill Obamacare fizzles.”
It’s heartening to think that the many improvements wrought by the ACA will continue.
But such a belief is a dangerous illusion, for you can bet your last health-care dollar that, if we are foolish enough to return a GOP majority to Congress this November, they will revive their drive to kill Obamacare with renewed vigor. And Roe v. Wade will not be far behind, for elephants never forget.
Kurt E. Armbruster, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- The Times recommends: Dino Rossi in the 8th Congressional District
- CON: Police officers at risk if Initiative 940 passes | Op-Ed
- Seattle Times editorial board endorsements for 2018 general election
- Seattle parks and greenbelts are too wonderful to be trashed | Op-Ed
- The Times recommends: Vote no on misleading I-1634, the effort to ban local soda taxes | Editorial