- Hold city leaders accountable for public-records lawsuit | Editorial
- Drivers and cyclists: Pay attention and share the road | Op-Ed
- Best Start for Kids levy is a helping hand to overcome life’s hurdles | Op-Ed
- Protect the legacy of our urban parks, a classic public good | Op-Ed
- International condemnation of Microsoft hack points the way on China | Editorial
- Make room for the nonbinary | Kiki Monifa / Guest columnist
In suing The Seattle Times over its pursuit of public records in court, City Attorney Pete Holmes revealed himself to be out of step with the public's interest in open government and accountability for the city's performance last summer.
- You can’t fix Facebook, President Biden, so save legitimate news instead | Brier Dudley / Free Press editor
- As the press weakens, so does democracy | Charles M. Blow / Syndicated columnist
- A Reporter’s Fight to Expose Epstein’s Crimes — and Earn a Living
- Spokane revives defunct daily | Brier Dudley / Free Press editor
The best way to encourage Cuban demands for more freedom is to offer its people hope for change the Communist Party can no longer dare to deny them.
Re: “Cruise ships have returned to Seattle — is that a good thing?” : What are the benefits and risks of cruising? Benefits: a vacation with limitless food and drink, entertainment, beautiful sights and support for some small businesses. Risks: Burning bunker fuel and emitting huge amounts of greenhouse gases, discharging waste in port communities,...
- Megadairies: At what true price cheap milk? | Letter to the editor
- Space tourism: ‘Indifference of the rich and powerful’ | Letter to the editor
- Space tourism: Damaging ‘joy rides’ | Letter to the editor
- Female leaders: ‘Blaming the wrong people’ | Letter to the editor
- Voter suppression: Address real societal problems instead | Letter to the editor
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Impasse at the intersection of compassion and civic duty
- The paradox of renter protections: Misguided policies worsen housing shortage
- Hold city leaders accountable for public-records lawsuit
- Seattle Times editorial board endorsements: Election 2021 Seattle and King County
- Drivers and cyclists: Pay attention and share the road