Show Mom how much you love her on May 8 with a dozen Mother's Day gift ideas.
Show Mom how much you love her on May 8 with a dozen Mother’s Day gift ideas.
1. STAK Ceramics Mint Bloom Phone Vase ($32 at brika.com). The mom who loves nature AND technology will appreciate this bud vase that also supports a cellphone. It even stashes the charging cable out of view for more beauty and less tech clutter.
2. Herbavore Botanicals Mother’s Day Set ($55 at herbivorebotanicals.com). If you can’t take her to the spa yourself, get her the next best thing: this set of best-sellers from the Seattle apothecary, featuring rose and coconut scents.
3. Ich Cha Indigo Thin Stripe Scarf ($55 at Moorea Seal, Belltown, and mooreaseal.com). A silk-cotton blend makes this the perfect scarf for spring and summer. It’s hand-printed with natural dyes for a laid-back luxe look.
4. “A Woman’s Guide to the Wild” ($19 at booksellers and sasquatchbooks.com). Oregonian Ruby McConnell’s practical guide to the great outdoors is just for women, with topics such as how to deal bathroom needs and condescending men, and advice on camp setup and building fires.
5. Rosanna Inc. Dear Mom I Love You Porcelain Mug ($24 at Nordstrom). She’ll be reminded that you are, indeed, her favorite child each morning as she uses this mug from Seattle’s Rosanna Inc.
6. Antica Farmacista Spring Diffuser Trio ($62 at anticafarmacista.com). This decadent set pairs the Seattle company’s top-selling Prosecco scent with Orange Blossom and Damascena Rose scents for a complete range of spring home fragrances.
7. Seattle Times Store Floral Coaster Set ($25 for four at store.seattletimes.com). Four floral watercolor illustrations from The Seattle Times archives are printed on eco-friendly wood and topped with a velvet finish. Order by May 2 to get free shipping across the store with promo code MOM2016.
8. Baleen Dipped Bangles ($28 each at Baleen, Ballard and shopbaleen.com). Seattle’s Baleen does modern, luxe-looking jewelry at a nice price. These new bangles are brass, with a partially powder-coated finish for an on-trend dipped look.
9. Glassybaby Mama Drinker ($55 at Glassybaby stores or glassybaby.com). She loves the Seattle company’s hand-blown glass votives, so start stocking her home bar with Glassybaby Drinkers. There’s no better hue to start with than this swirly purple shade named for her.
10. Pottingshed Creations Happy Mother’s Day Garden in a Bag ($10 at pottingshedcreations.com). Deliver flowers that will also satisfy her green thumb with this sweet kit that grows zinnias in the bag.
11. Fitbit Alta ($130 at Target or fitbit.com). Fitness tracking gets a little more sleek and refined with the new Alta. It tracks steps and calories burned, reminds you to move and more.
12. Sugarfina Candy Tasting Box ($65 at Nordstrom downtown Seattle and Alderwood Mall). What’s small, smile-inducing and comes in a Tiffany-blue box? Sugarfina candies, now available locally at two Nordstrom locations. Pick out a “bento box” of flavors, including the company’s famous Champagne Bears.