The special promotions and biggest deals from Amazon, Target, Nordstrom and more.
If you abhor Christmas-creep and all that is Black Friday, avert your eyes.
However, if you’re ready to start planning, it’s time to get excited, as retailers have started rolling out promotions and releasing their Black Friday specials.
Here are some highlights:
• Amazon kicked off its Countdown to Black Friday Deals Week sale and will add new items as others are sold out.
• Walmart began its Opening Act Holiday Special Sale and will add items until it begins its Thanksgiving/Black Friday sale. Need a Keurig K-Cup Single Serve Coffeemaker? Walmart has them for $47 (regularly $59).
• Kohl’s released its Black Friday sales flyer with a 55-inch Samsung 4K TV for $500 (regularly $1,000), Sony PlayStation 4 for $200 (regularly $300) and Nest Thermostat for $200 (regularly $250), among many other savings.
• Target has started free shipping through Dec. 23. Its Black Friday ad is also out, and includes 13 TVs under $300, the Xbox One S 500GB console for $190 (regularly $280), plus you’ll get a $25 Target gift card, and nearly 1,000 toys priced under $10.
• Best Buy is offering free shipping until Dec. 25.
• Nordstrom will offer an extra 20 percent off select sale items Nov. 23 through Nov. 27 on nordstrom.com. The company will again offer Curbside Pick-up 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at select locations from Dec. 16–24.
• Nordstrom Rack, for the first time, will have Black Friday Doorbusters — more than 150 items with prices starting at $10. Nordstrom’s discount arm will also offer free shipping from Nov. 24 through Nov. 27.
Holiday shoppers are expected to spend an average of $967.13 this year — a 3 percent increase over last year, according to the National Retail Federation, a trade organization based in Washington, D.C.