Show Dad how much you love him on June 19 with a dozen Father's Day gift ideas.
Show Dad how much you love him on June 19 with a dozen Father’s Day gift ideas.
1. REI Adventures Utah National Parks Ultimate Adventure (from $3,999). Make memories with this bucket-list trip that travels through Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef and Zion national parks. Adventures include luxury camping, food, guides and transport within the trip.
2. Schott A-2 Style P-51 Mustang Cowhide Leather Jacket ($599 at Boeing Store and boeingstore.com). Schott NYC created the World War II bomber jacket, and designed this version especially for the Boeing Centennial. It’s made of waxed cowhide with a cotton lining that includes two patches saluting Boeing and the P-51 Mustang fighter.
3. Edifier Exclaim Bi-Amped 2.0 Speaker System ($89 for two at amazon.com). Dad will have a more rocking workstation with these computer speakers that do great in the mid- and high-ranges, look cool and have a nice price.
4. SML Mount Rainier Topographic Bottle Opener ($40 at designbysml.com). This Seattle-made bottle opener features laser-etched topography lines of Mount Rainier. It’s available in a variety of woods.
5. “Rocking Fatherhood: The Dad-to-Be’s Guide to Staying Cool” ($14 at booksellers). Chris Kornelis, a former music writer for Seattle Weekly, takes a week-by-week look at pregnancy for men who want to set their own course to fatherhood.
6. Parrot Bebop Quadcopter Drone 2 & Skycontroller ($700 at Boeing Store and boeingstore.com). He’s got gadgets galore, but does he have a drone? This one has a range of 1.2 miles, and the controller holds a tablet for a first-person view of the sky-high action. It takes photos, video and live-streams.
7. E. Smith Mercantile + Geier Glove Co. Slip On Moccasin ($126 at E. Smith Mercantile, Pioneer Square). The house slipper gets luxe with this collaboration between two local companies. The leather upper is buttery soft, and a gum sole allows outdoor wear.
8. Blackbird Pipe Bomb Eau De Parfum ($88 at blackbirdballard.com). Don’t get Dad just any cologne. Get him a hip, locally made scent with notes of salt water, metal and amber. Manly.
9. Ron Klebba Wooden Sail Boat ($145 at tannergoods.com). Hood River, Ore., woodworker Klebba hand-makes these beautiful boats to be fully functioning. And they look good on the wall, as well.
10. Therm-A-Rest MondoKing 3D ($180 at rei.com). Make sleeping outdoors more comfy with the local company’s newest — and thickest ever — self-inflating mattress. It’s 4 inches thick and almost 6.5 feet long.
11. Glassybaby Papa Drinker ($55 at Glassybaby stores). Toast to dad with this new drinker in a gorgeous gradient from the local company. Ten percent from sales will be donated to Freedom Service Dogs.
12. Westland Hand-Filled American Single Malt Whiskey ($55 at Westland Distillery, Sodo). You can bring him a bottle of Westland whiskey, or you can take him to the distillery and get a hand-filled bottle from the local maker that was recently named World Craft Producer of the Year by Whisky Magazine.
Find more Father’s Day gift suggestions from ShopNW here.
And from Autos here.